Friday, February 21, 2014

Battle Day

Annie has this book that she carries around.
 
 
It is well worn as she reads it A LOT.
 
But it's NOT because she loves chemistry.
 
It's because if you flip open the cover
you will see on the title page that
it's not really about chemistry at all:
 
 
It's jammed pack full of girl stuff like:
 
and has solutions for girl problems like:
 
 
 I gotta say....I have tried ALL these solutions for bad hair
....& they are not foolproof.

 
and my favorite page:
 
 
Last week Annie was reading her "Chemistry" book
and noticed a fun holiday coming up in Southern France:
 
 
And even though we don't live in France...
we've never really been the type to let something fun pass us by.
 
So we bought some flowers and decided
to throw them at whoever we wanted :)
 
 
 
 
 
She was all ready to go
but school was cancelled
because of a snow storm.
 
So, when our neighbor came over to snowblow our driveway...
 
 
 
Annie ran out, threw a flower at him,
& then they took a selfie :)
 
 
 
Then Annie grabbed some flowers and my phone
& headed over to get our neighbor Cathy.
 
 
When I asked Annie how it went
she said, "She opened the door & invited me in
& then I threw the flowers at her."
 
Cathy said,  "She's gonna tell her company
tonight where she got the pretty flowers."
 
So watch out.
If you see a little girl who looks like she is straight from Sochi,
she might just throw some flowers at you in honor of
Battle of the Flowers Day.
 
We have more flowers to throw
but I wanted to get this posted so you still have time...
...to get some flowers!
 
 
 


8 comments:

It's me said...

Owwww sweet flower girl....! Lovely weekend .."....love Ria ....x!

Unknown said...

Is Daryl really under there? Have fun with the flower holiday. Too bad it's a blizzard out there, I am pretty sure that day would be way more fun in June, we may have to move the date if it catches on here.

Trisha said...

I want to be your neighbor so you can come throw flowers at me! How fun!

~Trisha

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweet story. So sorry school was cancelled but it seems like it all turned perfectly and I just love that book!

Bunnym said...

Where was that book when I needed it? lol That book is a wonderful thing!

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

That is the best Annie story yet...love it..-love dee x

koralee said...

ADORABLE!!!!!! I tell you ..you always have too much fun. I really wish this was a holiday here...what JOY it would bring. Thank Annie for sharing and tell her I adore that book of hers. xoxo Hugs always.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I like how the chemistry book throws you off (you can't judge a book by its cover